Followers

Monday, October 23, 2017

Wadsworth Atheneum

The Wadsworth Atheneum, Hartford, Connecticut
Free Museum Day was September 23rd, and you can bet I did not miss out! The Wadsworth Atheneum is one of my favorite destinations, add in free and its a no brainer! The Wadsworth pulled out all the stops for this event. A chalk artist on the front steps, and a band greeting visitors by the front door. But that's not all! Inside, tables and craft supplies were set up to encourage children (and adults) to create their own works of art. I saw a few children carrying their cardboard guitars with pride! My favorite extra - a Latin band performing in one of the galleries! I danced with security guards and other visitors all the way through my tour of the museum! Art and music - a winning combination!
Sidewalk artist on the front steps of The Wadsworth Atheneum

A band greets visitors on Free Museum Day!
While in Hartford, be sure to walk around. You'll find great architecture and nature everywhere! I packed a lunch for the ultimate freebie day, but on other occasions I've dined at the Museum's Cafe, and highly recommend it. You'll also find plenty of restaurants and food trucks! Enjoy this wonderful city!
Its easy to find greenery in Hartford!

Downtown Hartford

Interesting architecture in Hartford, CT

Laura S. Pringle is the author of The Pringle Plan, a series of educational guides.  

See books by Laura S. Pringle on Amazon

 ©2017 Laura S. Pringle. All Rights Reserved.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share your comments.