Followers

Monday, October 31, 2016

Pumpkin Season

     I can’t let Halloween slip by me without doing something pumpkinie! On a whim, I decided today was the day I would make pumpkin bread. So, first thing this morning, with the sun rising behind the orange and yellow foliage outside my kitchen window, I pulled out my recipe and got to work. Of course I didn’t have all my usual ingredients, but I’ve never let that stop me before. I just approach it as a bit of an experiment. I usually use a combination of oatmeal and spelt flours. With no oatmeal flour, I grabbed what I did have – coconut flour. I’ve never discovered the perfect ratio for exchanging coconut flour for any other flour.  If you have any helpful hints, I would love to hear from you. I usually end up using a little less of the coconut flour, and a lot more of the wet ingredient – in this case, unsweetened almond milk. I also didn’t have enough flax – what can I say – tomorrow is grocery day! So, how did it turn out? Well, not as good as usual, but boy did the house smell good! 

Laura’s Fall Pumpkin Bread
3 cups wholegrain flour (combo - Spelt and Oatmeal)
2 Tbls. ground Organic Flax
2 Tbls. Organic Pea Protein Powder
½ cup Organic Coconut Palm Sugar or 2 Packets Sweet Life Stevia
3 ½ tsp. baking powder
½ tsp salt
2 tsp. Ginger Powder
2 Tbls. Organic Ceylon Cinnamon Powder
3 Tbls. Organic Extra Virgin Coconut Oil
1 cup Raw Walnuts
1 cup dried Organic Fruit (Raisins or Cranberries)
1 can Organic Pumpkin
1 ¼ cups Organic Unsweetened Almond Milk

     Heat oven to 350 degrees.  Grease and flour 2 loaf pans.  Mix all ingredients, using a fork to break up coconut oil (or melt before adding). Divide batter between loaf pans. Bake 55-60 minutes or until wooden toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Remove from oven and allow to cool 10 minutes before removing from pans. Cool another 10 minutes before serving. Once loaves are completely cooled they can be wrapped and frozen for future use.


     Have a favorite fall recipe to share? Click on the comments and tell me about it!









Laura S. Pringle is the author of The Pringle Plan, a series of educational guides.

 See books by Laura S. Pringle on Amazon

 ©2016 Laura S. Pringle. All Rights Reserved.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share your comments.