Followers

Wednesday, March 17, 2021

Gratitude 2021


The good ol' days - JoEllen, Donna, Linda, and me

What a year this has been: Covid-19, vaccination scheduling, online meetings, constant out of stock items in my grocery deliveries and at the grocery store, election drama, an insurrection, a stimulus package, library closings and lots of time at home napping in front of the tv. Still, I have so much to be grateful for.

Gary was hit with Covid-19 first. I'm so grateful I was able to catch him and prevent his head from hitting the tile floor when he fell. I'm so grateful to the caring team of ambulance drivers who treated us both with kindness and professionalism. I'm so grateful for the emergency room personnel who did not seem to be the least bit afraid, when I expressed concern my husband might have covid. They ran tests, diagnosed covid, stabilized him with intravenous fluids, and called for an ambulance to bring him back home. I'm so grateful for the infectious disease doctor who got Gary into an emergency usage trial of "Bam infusions for covid." I believe this treatment kept him from getting worse, and helped him recover sooner.


A week later, it was my turn. I feel so fortunate to be retired and have plenty of time to nap and watch tv as my energy level plummeted. I'm so grateful the long lingering effects of loss of taste and smell, and low energy have finally subsided.

Vaccination scheduling is a nightmare. However, with the help of a friend, I was able to get through. I'm so grateful to Donna, Yale New Haven Healthcare, and the Mohegan Sun for my upcoming vaccine appointment. I'm still working on an appointment for Gary, but in the mean time, I am grateful for a few months of natural immunity.


Speaking of appointments, I thought doctor visits would become a thing of the past, but it turns out zoom was an easy way to do that.  I feel so grateful for this technology as well as other online meetings that have kept me up-to-date and in touch.

Constant out of stock items in my grocery deliveries and at the grocery store have me feeling grateful I have multiple places to shop from - both locally and online. I also continue to feel gratitude for my Aerogardens which continue to produce salad greens right in my own kitchen. So many people are not as fortunate, and for this reason I continue to be grateful to the Connecticut Food Bank for supplying others with groceries. Please consider donating today.


November's election drama was more stressful than necessary, and the January 6th insurrection at the capital had me in tears. I'm so grateful it is in the past and democracy was victorious. Thank you, thank you, thank you to all the police and National Guardsmen who fought off the domestic terrorists, restored order, and made it possible for our political leaders to count the electoral votes and officially affirm the  presidential election results. 


I'm so grateful for passage of a stimulus package that will make it possible for me to pay medical bills, will help those in danger of losing their homes and in need of money for food and utilities, as well as helping others to save or stimulate the economy by spending in restaurants and local stores.

Library closings interfered with progress on my latest book, but gratefully my deadlines are self-imposed; and it happened at a time when all I wanted to do was nap anyway.


Finally, I am grateful for a comfortable home, a husband I enjoy spending time with, and lots of time at home napping in front of the tv. Sleep is truly a wonderful healer. With the arrival of spring, I can look forward to a future of daytrips with my friends, getting outdoors, and being active once again.

    See books by Laura S. Pringle on Amazon  

    The Pringle Plan is a series of educational guides.

     ©2021 Laura S. Pringle. All Rights Reserved.

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Share your comments.