Followers

Tuesday, July 2, 2019

The Big Move!




Our new view! (That's not a UFO - It's just a light reflecting in the window! LOL!)

Waking up in our condo is a whole new experience. No more joy in seeing which flowers are in bloom, but also no concerns about lawn and gardening chores. Instead we have a view of the Mohegan Sun and beautiful clouds rolling by.

Here's a wider look. The Mohegan Sun reflects the sky, tree tops and river surrounding it, almost blending in with the scenery. A modern sculpture in nature's garden.

Thursday was busy. Packed my car. Went to a pre-closing  at my attorney's office, continued cleaning,  disconnected and packed the computer and phones, and then to meet my wonderful realtor, Mary Poola, for the final walk through at the condo. I got to meet the sellers, Beth and Rich, who gave me the tour of all the important things: how to change the furnace filter, how to clean the auxiliary vent on the dryer, where the garbage chute, dumpster, and recycling room are located, and where to find the bumper pads for the elevator on move-in day. They also generously allowed me to unload my car and move things into one empty bedroom pre-closing!

Boxes were everywhere!
Friday was exhausting. Up at 5:00 a.m. Disconnected the TV and packed both cars. Movers arrived about 8:30 and completed the job about 8:00 p.m.  Three heroic young men from Sterling Moving and Storage (Bozrah, CT) moved some very large, heavy pieces of furniture into a tight elevator in hot humid weather. Gary stayed at the house to keep our cat, Autumn, company. Through it all my friend Donna helped open the door for the movers downstairs while I directed the move upstairs. More importantly, she calmed me down whenever I felt stressed.  New neighbors Andy, Rick, and Steve helped with providing the elevator key, and unloading the two cars. I'm so grateful for all the help I received.

Donna, Gary and I had great fun going to all the windows at various times of day to check out the views. This one is from the living room slider.

From the other living room window.
 Saturday morning I slept late, then off to do a final cleaning at the house and pack the car one more time. With a stop at Home Depot and Stop and Shop it was time to return to my new home and check on Gary and Autumn. Everyone thought it was Gary I was most concerned about in this move, but it was really Autumn that worried me most. She doesn't travel well and likes everything the way she has it arranged. My Vet recommended using a product called Feliway. It's a pheromone product that calms pets. A few weeks before the move I plugged in two diffusers, and used wipes on her carrier. I continued wiping down the carrier every few days. The result? She pooped and drooled in her carrier during the car ride, but compared to her usual drooling to dehydration during trips to the vet, this was a breeze! I'll use Feliway again on future vet trips.


When she found her food and water and started drinking I heaved a sigh of relief!

From the master bedroom, you can see the Thames River and in the distance the Rt. 2 bridge.

From my office you can catch a glimpse of Trading Cove in the lower right.

Here's a view with the neighborhood below us.

Later in the day the balcony shades over.

To the right of the Mohegan Sun is the low profile parking garage. We can see Trading Cove and a private dock through the trees.

One more - Just because I'm loving the view....

...and so is Autumn!

Good night!

See books by Laura S. Pringle on Amazon

 The Pringle Plan is a series of educational guides. 

 ©2018 Laura S. Pringle. All Rights Reserved.

1 comment:

Share your comments.