Followers

Monday, July 29, 2019

Turning "Grrr" into Gratitude


The new hardwood floors look great!
A recent bad experience with a flooring installer had me growling and as a blogger I was tempted to write all about that nightmare. However, this blog has always been intended to focus on the positive. So, instead of publicly blasting away with detailed photos and documentation, I did that privately - handwritten venting of both the big and small and then tearing it all up. Of course I vented in some family emails too - hey I'm not perfect, but when I calmed down I realized two things. 1.) In the end, the floors look great and I never need to deal with that installer again. And 2.) How grateful I am for all the wonderful trades people it has been my pleasure to do business with over the years. With professionalism, skill, patience, and politeness, they have helped me maintain my home, garden, and cars over the years. I'm dedicating this post to the following local businesses who have earned my respect and I highly recommend:

Auto Maintenance & Wash
Uncasville Quick Lube
4 Fort Shantok Rd
Uncasville, CT 06382

(860) 848-0672

 Just pull in - no need for an appointment. Fast, reasonably priced, and always pleasant. We use them once or twice a year to change oil, check fluids, filters, tires, and wipers. Finish off with their hands-free car wash!

Auto Repair & Emissions Testing
Pennell's Auto Center
341 Norwich New London Turnpike
Uncasville, CT 06382
 Need more than general maintenance? Go to Pennell's. Reliable, fair, and will let you know if the repair is really worth the investment based on the age, make and miles of your car.

Electricians
E Brian's Electric Inc
P O Box 156, Quaker Hill, CT 06375
(860) 442-0585  
 Always friendly and always do a great job in a timely fashion. One time they even did a job for free, just because it was a small job! I will continue to call them for any electrical needs in my new place as well.

Gutter Cleaning

Dan's Gutter Cleaning Service 

Groton, Connecticut

(860)-389-6329 

www.DansGutterCleaningService.com

 A Veteran owned and operated company that aims to please. These guys always keep their appointments and have come over in all kinds of weather. They do a thorough job and always checked in before leaving to see if I wanted to walk around the house with them to check their work - but their was never any need. I trust them to do a great job.


Heating and Cooling
The Heat People




 I just did business with The Heat People for the first time a few weeks ago when a certain installer knocked the thermostat off the wall leaving us with no air conditioning in the midst of a heat wave. The office manager was wonderfully understanding of my husband's health issues and scheduled a technician to arrive in under two hours. The technician was wonderfully pleasant, patient, and efficient. They have my business for heating and cooling from now on.

Landscaping and Snow Plowing
Burnett's Landscaping
406 New London Road
Salem, CT 06420
1 860 859 3100
 Burnett's spread gravel pathways for us, treated our lawn with a combination of grub killer and organic fertilizers, and reliably plowed snow from our driveway and in front of our mailbox, according to the contract, often before I'd woken up! I use to call them "my snow elves." 

Pest Control
Griggs & Browne
152 Cross Rd.
Waterford, CT 06385
800-962-3296
 Over the years we've used this company for both ant and carpenter bee problems. They get the job done and make sure you and your neighbors are aware pesticides were sprayed by posting small notices in your lawn. An important step in keeping both children and pets safe.

Plumber
Tomaszek & Sons Plumbing
19 Lamphere Road
Waterford, CT 06385-3446
(860) 443-7565 (Voice)

http://tomaszekplumbing.com
 We started calling Tomaszek's when we lived right down the road from them. Plumbing is not something either my husband or myself like to do ourselves. I've always said, "When you find a good plumber never lose their number, and be willing to pay whatever they charge - they're worth it!" Tomaszek's work fits the bill!

PowerWashing
Doug's Powerwash
18 Hopkins Dr, Niantic, CT 06357
860-739-9630 or
(860) 608-8143
(call or text)
 Doug power washed our home for more than a decade. I loved coming home to see sparkling clean siding. He always went above and beyond by doing walkways, driveway, shed and deck in addition to the siding. All I had to do was write a check while he pleasantly chatted away with my husband.  We always got hugs before he left!

Steam Cleaning
Griggs & Browne
Providence, RI 
1-800-924-8886
 In southeastern CT, Griggs & Browne is better known for taking care of your ant and termite problems, but the branch out of Rhode Island also provides steam cleaning services in CT. We used them for upholstery cleaning and were always happy with their timeliness, cleanliness, professionalism, and pleasant & personable personalities.

Tree Removal
Tomorrow's Trees
467 Chesterfield Rd, Oakdale, CT 06370
 This is definitely not your chainsaw wielding best buddy. These guys are true professionals who come with all the proper equipment, licenses and insurance. They will not only remove your dead trees, but clean up any other mess they notice. No one stands around idly!

Windows
Renewal By Anderson 
 The best way to contact this business is with one of their many flyers in hand. Windows are expensive so get as many deals as you can. Let your sales person know you saw an add on tv, in the newspaper, received a coupon in the mail, and have a discount from someone who came and knocked on your door. They will give you as many discounts as they can and you will get discounts for being a repeat costumer. Sit through the sales pitch and discover how much heat and cool you gain and lose with your old windows compared to their new windows. Then be impressed when they remove, install, and clean up after themselves!!!

 I'm so grateful for all these wonderful businesses and trades people who have made my life a little easier by taking the stress out of stressful situations. Have a great day!

See books by Laura S. Pringle on Amazon

 The Pringle Plan is a series of educational guides. 

 ©2019 Laura S. Pringle. All Rights Reserved.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share your comments.