Followers

Monday, December 11, 2017

My December Garden

Too cold to step outside, I took some photos through the window
Mid-December, and southeastern Connecticut has finally received our first snow of the season! With temps in the twenties, it's a little too chilly for me to head outside. So, I took some photos through the windows, and briefly opened a few doors for others. You'll be able to notice how quickly I snapped the photos, by how tilted the lens is! The last of the leaves fell from the trees last week, just in time for the annual gutter cleaning. Now the woods and my gardens are covered in snow.

I opened the slider to quickly snap a few more

Witch Hazel in white

Sunrise after a night of snowfall

Hard to see in this photo, but a few critters left their paw prints 

Some of these photos almost look black and white, but they are color

The astilbes on the north side are still standing tall

My favorite hydrangea tree is now in bloom with balls of snow

I see the street has been plowed

Rose bushes look like the had a rough night


The traditional New England deck photo. We measure how much snow we had by how thick the cake on the table has risen. Four inches is more of a pancake around here!

Sunrise

I always like to get a bit of the shed in some photos for a reference to how tall the trees are

A touch of blue sky in the background

My summer shade spot under the deck isn't needed today

When the temperatures cool, we move the compost tumbler to the back basement door. Have I mentioned I'm a fair weather gardener?

That green twine, tying up the rose vine, that blends in so well in summer is really showing up now.
A few more snow storms are predicted this week. Those new hot cocoa mugs I bought will be getting a work out! 


Laura S. Pringle is the author of The Pringle Plan, a series of educational guides. 

See books by Laura S. Pringle on Amazon

©2017 Laura S. Pringle. All Rights Reserved.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share your comments.