Followers

Monday, October 26, 2020

Fall Condo Gardening


I love gardening on my balcony! I went with super easy this fall. It's simple, just drop a plant, plastic pot and all, into a container, and water every day or two.

The yellow mum was the first to bloom

The label says purple, but is it?

This one is suppose to be orange, but the buds are looking pretty red to me

Definitely red from the one labeled red

One mum in full bloom, the other still has tight buds

Ah! Now I see the deep orange beginning to appear

The purple mum buds look like they are ready to pop!

Plenty of color now!
Early October and we still have lots of buds waiting to open

Each day the flowers fill in a little more


October 10th - The purple buds are beginning to bloom

Just a few more buds to open and we'll be in full bloom!

The orange mum is now in full bloom...

...and so is the red one!


The purple mum is blooming way behind the other three. From this view, it looks a little more red than purple. Maybe it was mislabeled?

It's the third week of October, and the purple mum is revealing itself to be a shade of maroon-purple
I think my favorite is this orange beauty, but I've really enjoyed the variety of colors and seeing them each bloom at different times.

We've had one night of frost so far, but I'm certain there will be more to come soon. By November, it will be time to put my balcony garden to rest and begin planning for spring!



See books by Laura S. Pringle on Amazon

 The Pringle Plan is a series of educational guides. 

 ©2020 Laura S. Pringle. All Rights Reserved.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share your comments.