Followers

Monday, May 21, 2018

San Diego Botanic Garden


San Diego Botanic Garden
 On a recent trip to California, I spent several hours strolling through the San Diego Botanical Garden with my two sisters. What a wonderful day. So good to spend time together chatting and exploring. Fortunately, the Californians were patient with me as I took pictures of plants they see everyday!

Cork Tree

A dead Eucalyptus tree is being sculpted into a Baobab tree for the Madagascar garden

Mexican musicians perform

Avocado tree
Interesting trees and plants everywhere

Bottlebrush

Dinner Plate Fig
Some of these leaves were taller than me!

Love the yellow stalks of this bamboo 

Japanese Garden

A peaceful pond
Dragon Tree

Succulent sculptures dance by the fountain

My favorite - The succulent garden, so different from what I'm used to in New England

I can't visit California without taking photos of palm trees

Under a canopy of palms

The Children's Discovery Garden - A fun place to run, dig, climb, and explore!

Another CA photo must - Cactus

Elephant's Foot (aka Pony-tail palm)

Laura S. Pringle is the author of The Pringle Plan, a series of educational guides. 

 See books by Laura S. Pringle on Amazon

 ©2018 Laura S. Pringle. All Rights Reserved.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share your comments.