Followers

Tuesday, November 29, 2016

Time for Music


     This time of year finds me spending more time indoors. I still feel the need to get out and wander, but in a more cerebral way. Music takes me places I would otherwise not experience. Whether I’m on my treadmill, with headphones on and dancing to Pharrell Williams’ Happy (makes me feel like a room without a roof), or sitting in my recliner enjoying the sounds of 2 Cellos streaming from Pandora. This morning I put on Bruno Mars because I can’t help but get moving when he’s on. Other times I watch, entranced as The Piano Guys play in a way I never imagined possible. Music has a wide range of emotions and energy. You can rely on the imagery provided in a music video, or let your own imagination wander as you listen. Some songs enlighten, like Jethro Tull or Andy Grammer’s take on homelessness. Other songs make you feel good to be alive -  The Beatles’ Good Day Sunshine. Gershwin’s Rhapsody in Blue has me imagining I know how to dance, while Vaughn Williams’ Fantasia on Greensleeves feeds that part of my soul that senses its ancestral roots. My list of favorites goes on and on, and is always evolving. Here are some YouTube links:


                                          The Piano Guys
                                           

                                          Happy - Pharrell Williams

                                          2 Cellos

                                          Good Day Sunshine - Paul McCartney

                                          Fantasia on Greensleeves - Ralph Vaughn Williams



Laura S. Pringle is the author of The Pringle Plan, a series of educational guides. 

 See books by Laura S. Pringle on Amazon

 ©2016 Laura S. Pringle. All Rights Reserved.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share your comments.